Peppercorns are the dried berries of a tropical vine. McCORMICK Black Peppercorns have a warm pungent slightly nutmeg flavour and a hot, biting taste. Pepper stimulates the digestive juices, increases the appetite and aids digestion. Black pepper can be used both in cooking and at the table to enhance the flavour and appearance of all savoury dishes.
Black Pepper Corns add warmth and punch to any savoury dish. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use in a pepper mill for freshly ground pepper at the table or in cooking.
- Use coarsely ground in marinades and sauces, or sprinkle over steak and kebabs before grilling.
- Make a creamy peppercorn sauce by adding crushed peppercorns to cream and butter.
- Enhance wafer thin slices of smoked salmon with a dressing of ground black pepper and olive oil.
- For traditional steak au poivre, press roughly crushed Black Peppercorns into both sides of a sirloin or rump steak and leave for 30 minutes. Fry in olive oil and serve with garlic butter.
Available at local IGA, Super IGA and other independent food grocers.Please note that certain products may not be availabe in particular outlets.