- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour, extra for coating
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp McCormick Parsley Leaves
- 2 x 60 g eggs
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs (e.g. Japanese (Panko) Breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Lemon wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp McCormick Chives Chopped
- Boil potatoes in water until tender. Drain and mash.
- Cool for 5 minutes then stir through flour, egg yolk and Parmesan.
- Scoop up one tablespoon of the potato mixture and roll into oval shape.
- Roll the croquettes in flour, shaking off excess. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Mix eggs with 1/4 cup water. Dip croquettes in egg mixture then roll in a mixture of breadcrumbs, McCormick Chives and McCormick Parsley. Place croquettes in fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer to about 3cm in depth. Heat oil to 190ºC.
- Cook 3-4 croquettes at a time for 1-2 minutes until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat, in batches until all remaining croquettes are cooked.
Serve warm with lemon wedges.