- 125 g butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 ripe bananas, chopped or mashed
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150˚ C fan forced). Line with baking paper and lightly grease a small loaf pan.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, maple syrup and brown sugar together until pale. Slowly add eggs then buttermilk and continue beating until well combined.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and McCormick Cinnamon Ground into the bowl and mix until smooth. Fold in ginger and bananas and pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Allow to cool for 10 -15 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate, to be served warm with butter.