- 125 g butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick Cinnamon Ground
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick Ginger Ground
- 3 bananas, chopped or mashed
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, maple syrup and brown sugar together until pale. Slowly add eggs then buttermilk.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, McCormick Cinnamon Ground and Ginger Ground into the bowl and mix until smooth. Fold in bananas and pour the batter into the loaf tin.
- Place in a preheated oven (170°C) for 50-60 minutes or until cooked and golden. Let cool for 10 minutes and turn out onto a nice plate.
- Serve warm with butter or sprinkled with icing sugar.