- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Bring water to the boil. Add raisins and boil for 2-3 minutes. Reserve water. Let cool.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla essence and orange rind.
- Mix all dry ingredients and fold through the butter mixture until well combined.
- Mix through the raisins with the water they were boiled in. Stir thoroughly.
- Place spoonful of mix onto prepared baking trays.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and lightly coloured.