- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cream butter and caster sugar. Add golden syrup and all the egg.
- Sift and mix together the dry ingredients for the cupcakes, except the baking soda.
- Dissolve baking soda in the milk. Add flour mix to butter mix, stir well.
- Mix in the milk. Pour combined mixture equally into the greased muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- For the frosting, beat together butter and cream cheese.
- Add caster sugar and continue beating until light and creamy. Add the lemon juice, cloves and cinnamon.
- Once muffins are cool, remove from tray and apply the frosting. Sprinkle extra cinnamon over the top if desired.